The research experience is in the area of special education development with a special focus on:
- Eastern European countries, meeting circumstances of deep economical polarization and poverty
- how the political agenda of these countries is challenging institutional practices for the most vulnerable groups of children
- children with different impairments and needs and learning problems; the ‘image’ of family life of families with children with impairments
- transcendental ethics in unique family contexts (including the area of alternative and augmentative communication - AAC).
- Methodology research: phenomenology hermeneutics, case study, comparative studies.