After completing the course the student will be able to:
1. starting from a problem, make idealizations, with motivations a put up a mechanical model and with mathematical and numerical methods analyze the model for different parameter values, as well as interpret and critically evaluate the results
2. describe the differences between reality and the mathematical model, and understand the relationship between observations and model building
3. analyze the mathematical model using numerical and symbolic computing tools in order to effectively investigate and visualize the characteristics of the system
4. set up and solve advanced problems concerning three-dimensional mechanical structures
5. understand and calculate lattices in two and three dimensions
6. understand and perform shear force diagrams and torque charts for the calculation of beams
7. manage and calculate friction in elementary machine elements
8. solve problems of linear and angular momentum associated with rigid bodies
9. understand and explain gyroscopic forces.
PrerequisitesBachelor's degree with a major in Electrical Engineering, or Physics 30 credits and Mathematics 30 credits or equivalent.
The online application at antagning.se opens approximately one month before application deadline.
When you apply for a course you will be directed to the admission site where the code for your course will be pre-entered
More about admissions at universityadmissions.se
*) The online application at antagning.se opens approximately one month before application deadline.