After the course the students should be able to:
• Describe and explain the principles of different conventional heat and power generation methods.
• Analyse conventional heat and power generation methods thermodynamically.
Describe and explain the basic fundamentals of combustion theory and perform an environmental assessment and suggest measures for emission control in a power plant.
Compare different power generation alternatives and choose the most suitable for
• Describe and explain the physics of nuclear power and how such a system can be built up.
• Describe the main components in a power plant.
• Describe, explain, and analyse heat pump and refrigeration systems and its components.
PrerequisitesEnglish language proficiency equivalent to (the Swedish upper secondary school) English course 6/B. Completion of Bachelor's degree in technology or natural sciences of at least 180 credits, or equivalent foreign degree, at least 12 credits of which in thermodynamics and fluid mechanics, or equivalent knowledge.
The online application at antagning.se opens approximately one month before application deadline.
When you apply for a course you will be directed to the admission site where the code for your course will be pre-entered
More about admissions at universityadmissions.se
*) The online application at antagning.se opens approximately one month before application deadline.