After completing the course students will be able to
1. describe collection and sorting of waste with regard to various technical systems and the implications of producer responsibility
2. describe various waste treatment technologies (landfilling, thermal and biological treatment, and material recycling) of waste in terms of technical function and their related environmental impact
3. describe how waste can be prevented with respect to amount and hazardous content
4. explain how a waste management system can be designed and how it interacts with the environment
5. analyse potential improvements in waste management with application of the waste hierarchy
6. investigate and understand the causes and effects of waste management
PrerequisitesIntroduction to Environmental Engineering 15 cr or Introduction to environmental strategy 15 cr, or equivalent.
The online application at antagning.se opens approximately one month before application deadline.
When you apply for a course you will be directed to the admission site where the code for your course will be pre-entered
More about admissions at universityadmissions.se
*) The online application at antagning.se opens approximately one month before application deadline.